Sorry I’ve been M.I.A, I’ve recently been on a health and social media cleanse and it’s been amazing. There’s nothing like taking away distractions and feeding your body, mind and spirit. It felt great to just totally unplug and not worry about the things of this world and spend all my time with JESUS. And for those that have been asking…no, I’m not pregnant…. (yet) HA!
One of the most important things I can do as a wife is be the best wife that I can be and that starts with my spiritual growth. As most of you know my husband has recently gone back to school to become a youth pastor and let me just start by saying WOW! We knew it would be hard, but we had no clue it would be this hard. He’s constantly reading, writing, and studying all while working a full time job. And guess who’s been right there to support him, yep me. I feel like I’ve gone back to school! Ha! I wouldn’t have it any other way and I am so proud of my husband.
Okay enough about me let’s get to the good stuff. I’ve been doing a lot of studying, because let’s face it, if my husband is growing spiritually and I’m just sitting behind a T.V or social media, I’m getting left behind in the dust. I recently picked up a book called “What to do When Love’s in View” by Dr. Conway and Jada Edwards and let me just tell you how amazing this book is! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This book is a great reminder to myself of how I should be serving my husband.
Now I know I’ve talked about submission before, but this book paints it in such a beautiful way and uses such a beautiful word for it….S.E.R.V.E. We as women were created to S.E.R.V.E our husbands. Now before I dive into what that actually means don’t run away too fast, just listen 😉
- Support- Women were created from man, to support their man. God says in Genesis 2:18 “It is not good for man to be alone, I will make companion for him who corresponds to him,” no ladies this does not mean that you were created to be a doormat, but you were created to support your man. My example of this would be how I support my husband’s decision to go back to school. I could easily just leave him alone while he’s studying and do my own thing, but I’m right there with him every step of the way.
- Empower- Women were created to empower their men, NOT bring them down. Ladies whenever your man does something wrong, do NOT run and tell your girls all about what he doesn’t do for you and how frustrated you are with him. Remember you are one with this man so you’re talking about yourself as well. Lift him up in such a way that no one has anything bad to say about your man.
- Relate- There are going to be hard times in your marriage (that one is pretty inevitable), but one thing you don’t want to do is fight your husband…instead relate to him. This is a hard one for me because a lot of times when we’re upset I just want to scream and shout and make him see it my way, instead of relating to what he’s going through because like I said before…. we’re ONE. So whatever he’s going through, I’m going through it too and I need to lift him up, encourage him and work through our problems in a way that he can relate to, and not ignore me because I’m just nagging and yelling.
- Value a Covering- The day my husband and I got married I vowed to accept him as my protector, partner in crime, leader, and so on. I have to value his position to lead his house in a spiritual way. This one was also a very hard one for me to do because I’ve always had this “I’m Latina and I’m independent” persona. That worked when I was single, but now that I’m married I have to trust that my husband will lead our future children and me in the right direction and I can’t underestimate the power of my husband or God… Because let me remind you that your husband should be following the Lord as you are following him.
- Enhance- When I first think of this word I instantly think of beauty, which is true, you should always want to look beautiful for your man, but this means so much more. Everything should be better because you’re around. You make him a better person, the house looks better when you’re around, the kids look nice, and so on. Everything should be better because of you, because you’re an enhancement not only in his life, but also everything around you.
Well Ladies I hope I encouraged you all with my post. I’ve missed ya’ll and I’m glad to be back!